Build via Webpage???

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: Build via Webpage???

Postby FrancescoT » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:40 am

Dear Heiko,

I never accused you of being stupid!

Regarding where to find Automation docs, press F1 in IA Ide and should be able to have this:
automationdocs.gif
automationdocs.gif (128.72 KiB) Viewed 1970 times

If you are searching for a step by step tutorial, that it is not available, but there already done examples that shows it (in your install IA folder).

Then,
I have in my previous topic described you how the sample application (written in Delphi) that uses "miaauto.dll" creates from scratch a new script, a new project that uses that script and build the setup exe.

This is just an example on how to proceed on and you should refer to this to develop your personal situation.
The web example that you have in your IA installation folder, it is developed in ASP and uses COM to performs the same above example that you have with using "miaauto.dll". If you have a look at the code for that classic asp page example, there are calls to COM methods to create a script and build it. You could also take a look to that to understand how the technique works.

The "miaauto.dll" it is mutch more powerfull and because, if I have not missed anything, you are doing your web application for automation in Asp.net, I think that using the DLL feature it is maybe more appropriate. Natuarally, you have to write your own code in C# in the appropriate way via Code behind to made appropriate calls to "miaauto.dll". All the methods exported by the dll are described in the help section for Automation IA. In your case, if I stil do not have missed anything, you have just to refer to build methods exported by "miaauto.dll" and realise those in you web app code. I am not a C# developer, I use only C/C++, but for for what I know because I have done sometime ago for my web needs, you should invoke the dll via PInvoke in C#. But you should know this.

I hope the this can finally helps you.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

Return to “Technical Support”