Masked Edit Control

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Superfreak3

Masked Edit Control

Postby Superfreak3 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:35 am

I need to add a Masked Edit control to a dialog I'm creating to accept serial numbers and the like. I think I have the first one I need to behave properly in that is to accept 8 numbers. My mask seems to work if I use either ######## or <########>.

In the actual control, it appears underscores to the length I'm looking for appear when I test it. Is there any way to prevent the underscore from displaying? I looked at the attributes of the control, but can't seem to pinpoint anything in particular that is causing this.

Does anyone know the correct mask for what can be a combination of numbers and/or letters? Is it ^^^^^^ useage for example?

Also, how then do I set this input to a Property. Do I have to use a Set Property action to set MaskEdit1 to $APP_SERIAL_NUMBER$?

Any help appreciated!

Superfreak3

Postby Superfreak3 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:16 am

I think I found the mask for alphanumerics placeholders - A.

I still need to know how to set whatever is set in my edit control to a property.

Also, in InstallShield and/or Wise, if I use an edit mask <^^^^^^^=^^^^^^^^>. This will actually break the control into two imput areas or fields (= character causes this). Is there any way to mimic this in InstallAware?

Superfreak3

Postby Superfreak3 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:29 am

I think I found the mask for alphanumerics placeholders - A. If I use, let's say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA as the mask, it appears I can enter alphanumeric characters. The alphas are all lower case though. Is there a way around that as I'm not sure if our authorization codes will only/always have lower case alphas?

I still need to know how to set whatever is set in my edit control to a property.

Also, in InstallShield and/or Wise, if I use an edit mask <^^^^^^^=^^^^^^^^>. This will actually break the control into two imput areas or fields (= character causes this). Is there any way to mimic this in InstallAware?

Superfreak3

Postby Superfreak3 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:32 am

Superfreak3 wrote:I think I found the mask for alphanumerics placeholders - A. If I use, let's say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA as the mask, it appears I can enter alphanumeric characters. The alphas are all lower case though. Is there a way around that as I'm not sure if our authorization codes will only/always have lower case alphas?

If I use aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, it appears I can then enter upper and lower case alphas as well as numerics. That was easy! :D

Return to “Technical Support”