InstallAware is the first and only installer tool to offer Hybrid Installation Technology: switch between Windows Installer and Native Code setup engines at runtime, at will, as often as you need.
There's many things you can do with the Native Code engine, that you cannot do with Windows Installer:
- Install, repair, and uninstall applications in Windows Safe Mode
- Use loop constructs like while...wend and repeat...until
- Immediately execute setup actions without having to batch them all
- Increased runtime decision making capability and setup intelligence
- Complete immunity to any potential Windows Installer instability on target system
- Full control over file overwrites and error handling
- Much faster installation speeds
Best of all, it takes just one line of code to enter and exit Native Engine mode! In the good InstallAware tradition, you have the power and freedom to choose between the Windows Installer and Native Code setup engines, at runtime! Of course, as you may have already guessed, converting any Windows Installer powered InstallAware setup over to the Native Engine is just one line of code too.
Use whichever engine is best suited for your task, or even both simultaneously: you don't need to decide at compile time! Having the power to toggle engine modes at runtime means you can do more with less - build a single setup that installs your application, in all its flavors and editions; instead of being stuck with compile time choices in your setups and being forced to create multiple redundant similar setup packages.