How to manually uninstall IA12?

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
frankp01

How to manually uninstall IA12?

Postby frankp01 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:39 pm

I am trying to install InstallAware X3. I currently have InstallAware 12 installed. I need to uninstall 12 before installing X3. My machine is saying that the original install files can't be found. I thought I'd be able to reinstall it, selecting 'Repair', using the media I thought I'd used the last time. However, when running the repair (or uninstall, for that matter), I get the error "Could not access network location \Samples\Driver Installation". I did a quick search of the registry for that string, and don't see any network references, only the directory on the C: drive in which InstallAware is currently installed.

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to do a manual uninstall if IA12. Is there documentation anywhere on all of the directories and registry entries that need to be removed?

Phil

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: How to manually uninstall IA12?

Postby FrancescoT » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:09 pm

Dear Phil,

if you want I can send you a list of the items that you may try to remove manually.
However, I cannot give you any guarantee about possible system issues which could arise as consequence of the manual removal.

For this reason, I prefer not to publish such information on the forum.
Contact me at; support@installaware.com

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

bk19@mweb.co.za

Re: How to manually uninstall IA12?

Postby bk19@mweb.co.za » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:02 am

HI, I have exactly the same problem as the OP except I lost a disk drive and am attempting to re-install version 18.
I hope somebody could email me a link to a tool to purge my registry or detailed instructions to clear it down by hand.

Thanks,

Bruce Knowles

Return to “Technical Support”