Not sure what's up with this Wikipedia thing

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
SteveDude

Not sure what's up with this Wikipedia thing

Postby SteveDude » Thu May 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Wikipedia must be on crack or was paid off by you know who. They have Wise in there and when their ship sank and MSI became supreme, it was InstallAware that made MSI usable "Without Rocket Science". As an old Wise User, that's where I came from.

There are multiple Installers out there, but I only considered two for professionals with this as my ranking...

1. InstallAware by far.
2. InstallShield - hate to say it, they are in there, but not at the top of my list, way overpriced and a hassle to use.

Maybe it's because you guys made it too easy or something? I really just don't get it.

I think I would be in trouble if you guys ever went away and I'm sure others feel the same way. As a developer, IA is very significant in my book and a tool I absolutely couldn't go without. Installations are the first thing an end user experiences with your product and unlike some other vendor products I use, yours' is just something I trust and don't worry about that side of it. I even have fun with it. In fact you guys and IA have helped make me look like the king in some circles.

bokkie

Re: Not sure what's up with this Wikipedia thing

Postby bokkie » Fri May 20, 2016 2:55 am

I remember a couple of years back when Jimmy Wales was asking people to donate to Wikipedia. I never did and never will. One of the reasons he pleaded to the world (and his dog) was that Wikipedia was a beacon of free speech, oh my, how those words seem ironic in the current context. I can't honestly say when I ever needed to use Wikipedia. I get better information from other online resources. To me, Wikipedia is an idea whose time has been and is now going if those graphs showing audited traffic are anything to go by. My curiosity in Wikipedia was short-lived. I can get tuts and the like from YouTube. They might be a bit naff but even when they're really bad they can still be amusing to watch. I can't say that Wikipedia either made me smile or laugh and never did it entertain me. If Wikipedia does go down or slides into obscurity and irrelevance then, well, so be it. Just my opinion.

Should IA lament the pump-action double-barrelled shotgun buffoons who kill IA's attempt to get on Wikipedia? To me, no. I just took a look at the "other" installation package's Wikipedia entry; it's both obscure and irrelevant. To the guys at IA who like SteveDude, me and others, we know which is best and you don't really need Wikipedia.

I think of it like a street cop who pulls over an aimless driver not knowing where he's going and a small group of people stop to listen in and the cop shoos them away yelling at them "Move along folks, there's nothing to see." Just my opinion.
Peter. Smartly dressed, he still resembles an unmade bed.
InstallAware MVP

SteveDude

Re: Not sure what's up with this Wikipedia thing

Postby SteveDude » Fri May 20, 2016 1:17 pm

Peter, Your opinion is a good one and one I agree with. "Relevance" is a poor and subjective excuse.

-Steve

Return to “Technical Support”