Access Violation debugging project in IA X5 Studio Admin

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
tfosorcim

Access Violation debugging project in IA X5 Studio Admin

Postby tfosorcim » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Howdy,

I have a very simple installer, and in fact, it doesn't install anything yet... I'm just building Dialogs and working with the logic at the moment.

When debugging my project, I proceed through the installer to a dialog I built (Created my own theme by copying Official Theme and adding my dialog)

I get the attached errors when I hit the Display Dialog for my new Dialog, and then... if I try to cancel the installer, if blows up my computer by showing me 20+ windows of apps that are running but presumably hidden or minimized (things like systray icons for my USB3 monitor, my Sound Card tray icon, and any apps I had open).

At this point, I basically have to reboot my PC to get things working correctly again. However, if I End Task on the miaa process before I click OK on the first Access Violation error, I can recover without rebooting my PC, but the project recreates the error the next time I debug the project again.

P.S. I have reproduced this on 2 PCs.. 1 virtual (W2012), and another is Physical (W10).

Line 170 is a Display DIalog for the new Dialog.

Any help would be appreciated. I am very new to InstallAware.

iaerrors.png
iaerrors.png (12.77 KiB) Viewed 2538 times

Thanks,
Steven

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: Access Violation debugging project in IA X5 Studio Admin

Postby FrancescoT » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Dear Steven,

can you post the project? Probably there is something wrong with your script.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

tfosorcim

Re: Access Violation debugging project in IA X5 Studio Admin

Postby tfosorcim » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Not 100% sure what was up.. but I deleted and recreated the Display Dialog line and now it's not doing this anymore.

If you still want the project, I can post it from before the Delete/Recreate on the Display Dialog.. But I am moving on since it's no longer an issue. :)

Steven

Return to “Technical Support”