IA9 R2 and Server 2012 R2 Compatibility

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Craig Daniel

IA9 R2 and Server 2012 R2 Compatibility

Postby Craig Daniel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:35 am

Can anyone confirm whether there are any known compatibility issues between IA9 R2 and Windows 10 or Server 2012 R2? I realize IA9 dates from before these versions of Windows were released, so it seems reasonable to me that there could be issues. I am using IA9 R2 to build my installer and I have had some strange behavior on Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10. I don't know enough to post any details, but it behaves as if the MSIcode script is aborting before it finishes, so a bunch of steps in my script get skipped. It doesn't show any errors, so the user would never know that something went wrong. We will probably be upgrading to the current version of IA, but it would be nice to know if Windows/IA compatibility is a reasonable explanation for the odd behavior in this case.

Thank you.

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: IA9 R2 and Server 2012 R2 Compatibility

Postby FrancescoT » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Dear Craig,

of course there may exist compatibility issues between IA9 R2 and Windows 10 or Server 2012 R2, but at the same time, I cannot confirm the existence of any confirmed issue regarding its compatibility. This due the fact the we haven't produced any official test or verification at such purpose.

I recall of some users who reported a compatibility problems between IA9 and Windows 10 and these was confirmed by a successive verification of our team.

At any rate, you may download the IA X5 trial and then to use it to test your project on Win10/Server 2012 R2.

NOTE! Make a backup copy of your project before to load it in IA X5 ...otherwise you cannot use it with your IA 9 R2 version anymore.

Hope this helps you.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

Return to “Technical Support”