Initial messages not localized

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
pokr2

Initial messages not localized

Postby pokr2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi,

I'm creating a special version of our installer that will be used exclusively in Russia. The localization has worked perfectly, with the exception of the two initial messages (those that say "InstallAware is verifying the contents..." and "InstallAware is preparing the Wizard..."), which continue appearing in English. I believe I've translated all resource strings, both the Shared ones and those specific to my installer, including those that look very similar or identical to those initial messages. I've also searched the forum for similar questions but nothing has helped.

I also have the following specific question: The .mpr project file currently includes as Support eight files related to localization: shared.translations.[English, Map, Original, Russian] and translations.[English, Map, Original, Russian]. Is that correct? Maybe I don't need the English files since Russian will be unconditionally shown? [I've set the installer Default Language to Russian]. Maybe I only need the Russian files, or to rename the .Russian files as .Original?

I'm using InstallAware X3.

Thanks in advance,
Octavio

glenharvy

Re: Initial messages not localized

Postby glenharvy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Follow the instructions in the help file under "Localizing Shared Messages".

In help click on search 'Localization' and it will be in the top of the results pane.

Return to “Technical Support”