Build machine creates unlicensed installers

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
simpsonp

Build machine creates unlicensed installers

Postby simpsonp » Mon May 07, 2018 6:05 am

Hi,

We have a single user IA X6 Studio license and are using a separate VM based build machine from the real machine on which we develop the IA project. From time to time, not always, the build machine creates installers that give the unlicensed message:

"This installation was created with InstallAware for Windows installer. The licensed version does not give this message."

Our build machine machine has an IA install built from a stand alone IA X6 installer from which I have just installed the IA build tools and several run-time packages. The IA GUI is not installed because I understood that our 1 license can only be installed once and I don't want to run foul of the IA license protection system.

Our Studio licensing permits us to create build machines and I need to understand how to do that. Please can someone tell me what I need to do to get the build machine to consistently create licensed executables.

BTW, I attempted to search for solutions to this issue on this forum but "build machine" is rejected as a search term because there are too many entries...

Thanks, Peter

Return to “Technical Support”