Destination Folder not changing

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
westateczny

Destination Folder not changing

Postby westateczny » Wed May 23, 2018 9:36 am

Hello all. I've looked thru tech support topics and can't find an answer for my problem.

I let the user browse and select which folder they wish to install into from the "destination" dialog. I then move that answer into TARGETDIR variable.

In the "Files" section, I have all files being installed going into either TARGETDIR or a subfolder of TARGETDIR.

The first time I run the install package, it works perfectly.

My problem is if I want to run the package again and select a different folder in the "destination" dialog (I have my reasons). The installer for some reason ignores that the user selected a different destination folder and instead installs the package into the folder that was selected the very first time I ran the install package.

I'm not sure if it's a registry setting or what since I'm not defining any registry settings intentionally. I'll be hunting for solution but thought I would post here in case this was a simple fix. Thanks in advance

Will

mikeGuy

Re: Destination Folder not changing

Postby mikeGuy » Tue May 29, 2018 1:55 pm

Seems to me that you should have a condition within your script to detect whether or not an existing install is present. If that condition returns false, then you send the user to the standard destination dialog which writes to TARGETDIR. Else, you send the user to a different dialog writing to a different variable.

I am curious though as to why you would want to allow multiple installations in different directories on one workstation :D

Return to “Technical Support”