Application does not install after selecting application runtimes

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
tricare

Application does not install after selecting application runtimes

Postby tricare » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:17 am

When I select an application runtime to install (Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6 with Service Pack 2) before my application, it appears to install the runtime correctly, but my own application files are not installed. I've checked the target folder and it is empty. When I uncheck the application runtime, create a new installer program and install, it does copy my application files correctly (but, of course, the .net framework won't then be installed). What am a doing wrong? I'm using X6 Express version.

Thanks in advance.

tricare

Re: Application does not install after selecting application runtimes

Postby tricare » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:33 am

UPDATE: More details: I have a 64-bit program that I'm installing. I have the '64-bit operating system (puts setup in 64 bit installation mode)' checked. The runtime I'm trying to install is: Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6 with Service Pack 2 which is (x86 and x64) (There is no 64-bit only version). I noticed that my application files are getting installed, but in the Program Files (x86) folder NOT the Program Files folder where it belongs.

Any help would be appreciated!

tricare

Postby tricare » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:39 am

UPDATE: Also, I hard coded the target folder to be: C:\Program Files\... and not let the installer decide, but it looks like the installer is still choosing the target folder.

mikeGuy

Postby mikeGuy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi there. It sounds like a logic flaw within the msicode implementation that you're working with here. Of course, that's just a guess. If you're willing to share the project, I'm happy to help you. Developer to developer :)

Return to “Technical Support”