NATIVE_ENGINE

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
LynAdmin

NATIVE_ENGINE

Postby LynAdmin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:45 am

I’m new to installaware and really need some help.
I just took over an installation project (in IA8) and need to do a new installer to include a group of updated files.
The notes read that I should change the revision code and keep both product code and upgrade code unchanged. This is to ensure that when the new installer is run, it first uninstalls the previous version then installs the new version.

The old installer (V1.0) has a bug in that it didn’t set a data folder (Mydata) as permanent folder; therefore when V1.0 software is uninstalled, Mydata folder gets removed (this is a mistake). I have been asked to correct this in the new installer V1.1, so that any uninstallation/reinstallation should retain Mydata folder. The problem is that when my new installer is run, it first removes the previous version and hence removes Mydata folder.

The way I was planning to resolve the issue is to copy all files from Mydata to a temp folder before Apply Install, then copy them back after Apply Install. At the start of the script-

Set Variable NATIVE_ENGINE to TRUE
Copy Local Files c:\users\public\Mydata\*.* c:\users\temp\*.*
Set Variable NATIVE_ENGINE to FALSE

Unfortunately, the codes above doesn’t work (i.e. files are not copied before uninstallation). Do I need to enable Native engine somewhere before “Set Variable NATIVE_ENGINE to TRUE”?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Lyn

Return to “Technical Support”