Building in X9

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Sheri_Steeves

Building in X9

Postby Sheri_Steeves » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Hello,

I just updated to X9 from X8 today and my project will not build. It was successfully building in X8. I have installed the entire Studio build (twice), opened and saved the project files in the new installer.

In my build log it stops at this line:

Injected runtime files
Error during build: Unable to build setup files: Incorrect parameter value

From my successful build logs when running X8, the next few lines should have been:

Injected runtime files
Compressing Core Components\23D11ECB\31A34029\78-euc-h
Compressing Core Components\7AA246E5\A7111475\Adobe-Korea1-2

I tried this with compression off as well as several different compression levels and have the same results each time.
I am building from the command line, but it also fails building from the UI as well.

What needs to be updated\saved\fixed? This is stopping me from updating. I have now spent most of a day on a task that should have only taken this morning.

Sheri_Steeves

Re: Building in X9

Postby Sheri_Steeves » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:44 am

Update on this issue - I tried uninstalling X9 and re-installing X8 and I am now getting this error in X8 as well.
My projects are checked into TFS, so I reverted my changes and I am still seeing this error.

Sheri_Steeves

Postby Sheri_Steeves » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:44 pm

In the end I had to get a fresh copy of my entire install folder from TFS, not just the project files I had modified when trying to migrate to X9. Then I was able to build my installs.

svogel24

Postby svogel24 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:14 pm

I experienced the same issue in X9 when as an experiment, I lowered the compression setting from its Default position (where building the project works) two notches to the left of the "Best" position to the position one below that. The problem went away as soon as I moved the Compression slider back to the original Default position.

@Sheri, did you try building the project in that Default position (two to the left of "Best")? I sincerely wonder if something introduced in X9 breaks projects either when changing a Compression setting from whatever setting it had prior to being opened in X9, or when trying to build a project with anything except one or two "good" settings.

Return to “Technical Support”