Runtime error in install

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
dblack19

Runtime error in install

Postby dblack19 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:01 am

I have a weird issue going on. When running the installer, my computer starts making strange beeping noises over the speakers, the folder icons in the file/folder selection dialogs get blacked out, and a seemingly random error message will pop up. The installer will then crash. The error messages are always prefixed with "Runtime error in install", but the details following change every time. Some highlights are "a call to an OS function has failed" and "not enough timers available".

This began after making extensive changes to a rather complex installer. I have tracked down what seems to be causing it, but I have no real explanation or fix in mind. I have a series of if statements that dictate what ssas databases a user wants to install. With each if statement an include script for SQL server connections is listed. There are currently 6 of these if statements and therefor, 6 include statements. If I delete 2 of the statements, everything works fine. It doesn't matter which 2, just as long as I have no more than 4 calls to the sql sever connection script, it works. What is happening here?

glenharvy

Re: Runtime error in install

Postby glenharvy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:00 pm

My guess is that you are running out of memory. :roll:

dblack19

Re: Runtime error in install

Postby dblack19 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:58 am

glenharvy wrote:My guess is that you are running out of memory.

16 gig machine and the installer is only using ~100 MB. I had considered this, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Return to “Technical Support”