Install InstallAware Vendor exe as System Account

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
elias9545

Install InstallAware Vendor exe as System Account

Postby elias9545 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:27 am

Hello everyone,

I have explored the forums a bit but I cannot find a fix for my problem:
When installing a vendor exe using InstallAware using a System account (PsExec for tests and later SCCM) the installation fails because it can't find the User specific paths. I use the ALLUSERS parameter but it still doesn't work. Can you provide a solution?
These are my parameters:
/s /l=""C:\Windows\Logs\PallBioTechCadenceSMBPhaseEditor.log"" ALLUSERS=TRUE
The double " is because of script semantic.
The Script fails during the following step(given U0095054 as my Username): MSI (s) (D0:EC) [08:09:17:135]: Executing op: FolderCreate(Folder=C:\Users\U0095054\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\,Foreign=0,,)
and will probably also fail during the next step:
MSI (s) (D0:EC) [08:09:17:137]: Executing op: FolderCreate(Folder=\\eudembrnas01\U0095054$\Desktop\,Foreign=0,,)
While going through the logs i found the MSI-Property P1C05FD30 & P83358801 for these paths. Could I just change these values with an MST?
I'm hoping to find some help.

Kind regards
Elias

davidrwalton

Re: Install InstallAware Vendor exe as System Account

Postby davidrwalton » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:34 am

We have the same issue with 2 vendor created installers. They will not install successfully when installing under a system account (SCCM). If this had been just one vendor I could understand it but 2 different vendors. even just using the quiet switch under an admin user can be a bit problematic. Anyone got a solution to this or do I just repackage in installshield adminstudio and fix all the broken darwin descriptors in the Classes registry post capture ? Hope someone on here can give us a clue.

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: Install InstallAware Vendor exe as System Account

Postby FrancescoT » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:10 pm

What reported here doesn't depend on installAware.
We exclusively release the Development Tool which has been probably used by a "third party software vendor" to build such setup package.

WE DON'T HAVE DEVELOPED THAT SOFTWARE PRODUCT and WE DON'T HAVE RELEASED THAT SETUP PACKAGE.
Consequently, this forum isn't the right place where to post this kind of question.
You must contact who developed the software or the vendor.
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

Return to “Technical Support”