Can X15 be installed using the 7zip files saved during a previous install

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
BobRoush

Can X15 be installed using the 7zip files saved during a previous install

Postby BobRoush » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:51 pm

I have installed X15 (32.10) on my development PC using the web based installer. While doing so, I used the option to save the various component files that were downloaded during the install, as needed to install the modules I selected for install. I've done regression testing, which looks good, and now I'm ready to upgrade a 2nd PC (actually a VM) to X15, our build VM.

Can I copy the InstallAware_X15.exe and the .7zip files that were saved on my PC to another machine, then run the InstallAware_X15.exe on the 2nd PC and instruct/point it to use the .7zip there with it to install X15 and the same components on the 2nd PC?

If I ever need to re-install X15 on my PC and wanted the same components, is there a way to re-run the InstallAware_X15.exe and instruct/point it to use the .7zip there with it to re-install X15 and the same components?

Lastly, if neither of the above are possible, what is the purpose of the save downloaded files option?

Sorry if this information is documented some place - I could not find it.

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: Can X15 be installed using the 7zip files saved during a previous install

Postby FrancescoT » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:08 am

Can I copy the InstallAware_X15.exe and the .7zip files that were saved on my PC to another machine, then run the InstallAware_X15.exe on the 2nd PC and instruct/point it to use the .7zip there with it to install X15 and the same components on the 2nd PC?

You only need to store the saved .7zip files and the the web based installer, into the same folder. Then run the installer from there.

If I ever need to re-install X15 on my PC and wanted the same components, is there a way to re-run the InstallAware_X15.exe and instruct/point it to use the .7zip there with it to re-install X15 and the same components

Unfortunately, this is not possible. You have to select the compenents that needs to be installed.

Hope this helps you.
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

Return to “Technical Support”