X15 Native Setup Script Component not registered

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
fierikit

X15 Native Setup Script Component not registered

Postby fierikit » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:47 am

Hi, sure i'm a dummy InstallAware new user.
We have to migrate from InstallWise a lot of scripts, the most important one is a main script with 24 Include scripts.
i choose Native Setup Template.
Sometime in the Include scripts, as i did with InstallWise, i execute a command for a just installed file so i use Apply Install.
I use the same order for Include scripts as in InstallWise, and in each Include i use the same order of commands.
but at the end some component (examples some COM DLL) are non registered.
I made a log installation (attached) but i can only read the order of execution.
question: with InstallAware Native Setup i have to execute commands in perfect order, if a DLL (say MyDll.Dll) needs some other components their rows have to come before the row for MyDll.Dll?
... I hope no, i hope i'm making another error, because with hundreds of components it will be a very great problem
help me please
Attachments
InstallAwareLog.txt
(105.93 KiB) Downloaded 1426 times

JohnGaver

Re: X15 Native Setup Script Component not registered

Postby JohnGaver » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:53 am

How did you do it with your other vendor - did it extract self-registration information from the components and directly record them to the registry?

Not sure how else the proper sequencing could be transcended. You could of course take the same approach with InstallAware using the Files designer, Scan button.
John Gaver
InstallAware Skunkworks
InstallAware Multi Platform - Liberating DEB/RPM/PKG/MSI(X) into universal native setups!
Get your free copy today - https://www.installaware.com/installaware-multi-platform.htm

Return to “Technical Support”