Strange transparency on Windows 11

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
rentzk

Strange transparency on Windows 11

Postby rentzk » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:42 pm

I have noticed that our installer programs have strange transparent sections on them when installing on Windows 11. I have attached an image of a sample install create with X14 showing the issue. while this test installer was just created from scratch, our other installers have been around for many years, This issue does not occur on Windows 10 as far as I can tell, nor is the issue visible in the dialog sampler.
clear.png
clear.png (21.99 KiB) Viewed 11362 times

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: Strange transparency on Windows 11

Postby FrancescoT » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:29 am

I can't replicate anything like that. This may depend (for some unknown reasons) on your testing machine.
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

rentzk

Postby rentzk » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:36 pm

I have managed to replicate it on 3 different machines. The sample installer is about 2.7 MB if you would like to see it or the project file

rentzk

Postby rentzk » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:30 pm

A have done some more testing and this is what I found:

I downloaded the trial version of X15 onto my computer (one of the Windows 11 ones). An empty installer created here does not show any issues

I copied the test install script from out build server that showed the problem and build it under X15 on my computer and it also has no issues.

Our build server is fairly old (Windows 7 under VMWare). Is there any chance that this might be causing the issue?

BobRoush

Postby BobRoush » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:36 am

We are seeing a similar issue, but just top area of the dialogs, under the title bar. The screenshot is a dialog on top of this topic page. We are using InstallAware X15 Build 8.1.2022 (Nene Hatun). It's happened with installers built using Windows 11 (my dev pc) and Windows 10 Pro (our build pc).
Attachments
InstallAwareDialogTransparentArea.png
InstallAwareDialogTransparentArea.png (21.34 KiB) Viewed 11220 times

BobRoush

Postby BobRoush » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:07 am

I investigated this more. Our installer dialogs are customized from the IA supplied Aero dialogs. Each dialog has the VistaGlass control in the upper left corner. It's causing the problem when the built installer is run on Win 11. When I changed the control's GlassEnabled property from True to False, the problem does not happen.

JohnGaver

Postby JohnGaver » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:03 am

Bob, this issue was resolved in InstallAware X16. You do not have to remove glass regions from your dialogs and you will properly see glass effects anywhere you use them in your setup dialogs across all Windows operating systems, all from a single binary as in the illustration below:

www.installaware.com/mica-material-dark-mode.htm

(including dark mode support indeed)
John Gaver
InstallAware Skunkworks
InstallAware Multi Platform - Liberating DEB/RPM/PKG/MSI(X) into universal native setups!
Get your free copy today - https://www.installaware.com/installaware-multi-platform.htm

Return to “Technical Support”