Removing \" - InstallAware Wizard\" in the window title ?

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
SteelToad

Postby SteelToad » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:19 am

It's not as simple as editing text in the zip exe, or in the files contained within the zipped file. The caption text is either added dynamically, or the exe is compressed, but it's not just plain text.

Oddly, if they made it available as plain text, I would guess that about 85% of the people would just leave it there because they don't really care. It would seem like a simple option for them while keeping the majority of its "advertising" value, while people like me could change it if necessary.

stevesds

Postby stevesds » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:59 am

you are assuming the obvious by thinking the name is not in one place ... but in fact this is what is so funny to me about this topic ... a well placed null character in interop\\miastub.exe before a build is all that is needed ... but of course you can't actually do this because you are not licensed for this ...
Last edited by stevesds on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteelToad

Postby SteelToad » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:10 am

I'm not assuming anything, and not at all against making modifications for "testing" purposes. I think perhaps you may be making some assumptions about how easy it is to remove the "InstallAware Wizard" part of the caption while leaving my intended caption in place. If you've actually done this with InstallAware and know how to make a change, I would be genuinely interested in learning more about how to do it.

stevesds

Postby stevesds » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 pm

hi, i'm not sure how much more help i can offer. i have corrected the typo's in my previous post. it does work. search for InstallAware with a hex editor in the file previously mentioned. i can't actually give my miastub.exe file because this is already licensed for just me. use yours.

wileywilly

Postby wileywilly » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:03 am

I have a workaround although its not perfect

One could set the variable $TITLE$ as your setup name then press on backspace so that you have alot of empty space before the - Installaware Wizard can show(see IA_Title).
IA will truncate the title so that if the '- Installaware Wizard' part will not show.
However, because the title was truncated,you will see '...' right at the far end of the title bar.

Not really professional but it gets rid of the '- Installaware Wizard' :D
[/img]

File Attached:

IA_Title.JPG

wileywilly

Re: Removing \" - InstallAware Wizard\" in the window title

Postby wileywilly » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:12 am

Hello,

May I ask if we have an option of removing IA branding, for those not wishing to have it as part of the setup.

I saw a different post discussing the same thing titled:
Getting rid of \" - InstallAware Wizard\" in window Title

Please let us know if this planned for atleast the ADMIN version of IA.

Thanks.

giaviv

Re: Removing \" - InstallAware Wizard\" in the window title

Postby giaviv » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Aviv Giladi
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Product Guides - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... guides.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

Return to “Technical Support”