7zip dialog

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
matthewj

7zip dialog

Postby matthewj » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:38 pm

Is it possible to stop the 7zip progress dialog from popping up in front of the current app? If I set a build going, and then switch to another app, the 7zip dialog is very painful.

Thanks,

Matthew

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:24 pm

I apologize for the annoyance. Currently there is no way to disable the 7zip dialog from popping up. You can however edit the compression settings profile in the Project Options dialog and set the compression to carry on in a low priority thread. This way the interruption to your ongoing work would be minimal - compression would only occur during the free time slices of the CPU.

matthewj

Postby matthewj » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:13 am

It isn't the processor time taken (heck, I've got two of them), but the fact that I'll be typing away at emails or something and the focus is stolen. Having tried making the install in FinalBuilder, I find that it pops up during command line build too. Must it pop up anything at all? Is this your dialog, or the 7zip one? Maybe I'll just have to write an app to watch for it and hide it instantly... Its just a blemish on an otherwise great tool.

Matthew

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:41 am

Yes, I am sorry about this. InstallAWARE 3 uses the Codex compression layer, and the dialog which pops up is the Codex compression dialog. We will probably integrate the compression process on a lower level in future versions, so no extra dialogs pop up and steal focus.

The Codex compression layer is provided with our product CompreXX (www.CompreXX.com), in case you were wondering where that comes from.

matthewj

Postby matthewj » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:52 am

I'm very pleased to see this has gone in the new release - excellent!

Matthew

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:21 am

We listen to our customers :lol:

Return to “Technical Support”