Few comments and questions

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Serge

Few comments and questions

Postby Serge » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:50 am

• IA web version available from web-site does not install product correctly... there is download of about 50Mb and then dialog disapear without a warning
  • Main web-site does not have a link to a full packet download (it is visible only from www.installaware.com).
  • Will be nice if there were an ability of having a total size progress bar (component count, or full size) and progress of particular step (as it is right now)
  • I am doing localization for Russian - how to extract onle language from translation manager and import/export it to share
Serge Dosyukov

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:44 am

Serge,

The translation files are in the trans folder in your IA installation folder. You can extract them there.
The main IA website is www.installaware.com. In general, you should try to download materials from the IA website, and not www.mimarsinan.com as that tends to lag behind a little.

Sinan

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:17 pm

Serge,

I checked the current web downloads and they all seem to work fine - I tested on two different machines, each edition, one VMware, another real, for a total of six tests.
If you still have problems with web media block downloads, please try to provide reproducible steps so we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Sinan

Serge

Postby Serge » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:46 pm

sinan wrote:If you still have problems with web media block downloads, please try to provide reproducible steps so we can investigate further.

I did install from a full install and it will be ok for now.
Before this I did try to use web-install... 2 times...
  • download and run setup from local drive
  • go to personalized
  • do not change anything
  • click next and start installation

There is no way for me to tell which package was failing because of no descriptive name during download... is it possible to have setup show packet name?

I think it did fail when installing runtime support. I am not sure how elso to reproduce it - might be it is just my end...
Do you have support for restore connection (if there is a line problems?)
It is appear what download is starting each time from the beggining if broken...
Serge Dosyukov

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:33 am

Each setup has a unique theme and also a unique title, so you should have been able to see which one it was. Which site did you download from? Even the page on mimarsinan has text links for each edition.

Broken downloads are normally resumed - unless your internet cache folder is set to too small a size, and/or you are not allowing the caching of internet downloads.

Also, if you are using proxies etc., the downloads should automatically detect them and succeed in that case as well.

Serge

Postby Serge » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:19 am

sinan wrote:Each setup has a unique theme and also a unique title, so you should have been able to see which one it was. Which site did you download from? Even the page on mimarsinan has text links for each edition.

http://www.mimarsinan.com/installaware.asp has link only to a webinstall.
Sorry I didn't find download section. Main site has a full version as well as web one. I did try one from mimarsinan when tried to install.
sinan wrote:Broken downloads are normally resumed - unless your internet cache folder is set to too small a size, and/or you are not allowing the caching of internet downloads.

Also, if you are using proxies etc., the downloads should automatically detect them and succeed in that case as well.

I am not using proxy on this computer in particular, as well as mine home one.
By the way, at home computer installation went ok.
Serge Dosyukov

Return to “Technical Support”