Registry Writing and rebooting

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
groundhog

Registry Writing and rebooting

Postby groundhog » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:39 pm

Okay two questions here, one is more of a suggestion.
I'm trying to write some values and keys to the target registry. I used the Visual part to easily setup where the keys need to go and I checked it in the code but when I run the program both a real build and a debug build nothing is changed in the regestry. Any ideas?

Speaking of the regestry, when the intaller has to install some prereqs that need the computer to be rebooted, instead of making the use restart the install program, a registry value could be added to the RUN area for the current user which would then auo launch the installer after the log in again. I was trying to do it myself but there is no way to tell the script where the location of the installer file is located to add to the registry key.

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:03 pm

For the first, are you calling Apply Install, and are the registry commands in the main install section?

For the second...you can just use the Reboot and Resume command...its all you need, comes with Enterprise. If you want to do this with Professional, check the pre-defined variables in the help file - one of them contains the full path to the setup executable.

groundhog

Postby groundhog » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:32 pm

The Apply Install is called after the registry commands.
Thanks for the info on the second thought, I will check that out more as I am using professional.

Return to “Technical Support”