List of error codes returned from <setup.exe>?

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
ericgentry

List of error codes returned from <setup.exe>?

Postby ericgentry » Fri May 15, 2009 2:03 am

Does anyone have the list of return codes and their meanings from InstallAware?

I am running into some trouble, and I am getting back error 314, which is not a standard windows error.

Thanks,

Eric

ericgentry

Re: List of error codes returned from <setup.exe>?

Postby ericgentry » Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 am

ericgentry wrote:Does anyone have the list of return codes and their meanings from InstallAware?

I am running into some trouble, and I am getting back error 314, which is not a standard windows error.

Thanks,

Eric

Actually, nevermind. I figured out the problem. The symptom was the installation was just simply quitting before it opened up to the welcome page. The problem was that I didn't define a variable in MSICode before I used it in CallDLLFunction. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that this was a problem, since I was using the command line compiler instead of the IDE. Apparently, the command line compiler is much less robust at checking these situations.

:?

The moral here... Always run your build in the IDE first. Then you can trust the command line compiler.

bokkie

Postby bokkie » Fri May 15, 2009 2:53 am

Eric,

I ran into that same problem a while ago. You are 100% correct. You must indeed build your projects within the IDE so that you can lint the unexpected errors that can slip through miabuild.

:)
Peter. Smartly dressed, he still resembles an unmade bed.
InstallAware MVP

MichaelNesmith

Postby MichaelNesmith » Sun May 17, 2009 7:41 pm

Actually, this is one of the things improved with InstallAware 9. The command line build tool will now fail compilation properly, any time the IDE would fail compilation.
Michael Nesmith
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Technical Support”