Common Files Misbehaviour ?

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
cmiag

Common Files Misbehaviour ?

Postby cmiag » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:57 am

In the Installation Script, I found the following lines:

// Initialize Setup Globals
Set Variable COMMONFILES to $PROGRAMFILES$\\Common FilesDoes this mean that the CommonFiles Folder is simply derived from the location of the PROGRAM FILES Folder, by appending \\Common Files to the Path ? If so, I would call this a problem, because on a German System, the Common Files are supposed to be installed in a folder named "Gemeinsame Dateien". Of course, I do not want to create a separate Installer for all Language, as some of our customers use English System, other Customers are using English Systems.

Am I missing something ?

Kind Regards
Matthias

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:49 am

That's interesting. To the best of my knowledge, the Common Files name does not change across different languages. If you know that it does, please let me know, and I will update the template scripts accordingly.

You have an easy way to obtain the Common Files folder, without appending the name "Common Files" to the folder. Use the Get Folder Location command. As the variable you can specify COMMONFILES, and choose the location System->Program Files Directory from the drop down box. Check the Get for All Users checkbox to make sure the command returns the Common Files folder, and not just the Program Files folder.

cmiag

Postby cmiag » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:36 am

I tried the Get Folder Location Command on a german system. It returned C:\\Programme\\Gemeinsame Dateien. IMHO it would be a good idea to change the templates.

Thanks for your quick reply
Kind Regards
Matthias

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:55 am

Thanks for pointing this out. I will update the templates.

Return to “Technical Support”