Error during build: Unable to get assembly information

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
ohali

Error during build: Unable to get assembly information

Postby ohali » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:30 am

I have built a quite complex setup and so far everything worked fine. During the tests of the setup logic I had only a couple of assemblies in my setup to shorten the time needed for building the setup. Now I've added some more assemblies and for a couple of them I get the error message

Error during build: Unable to get assembly information for I:\\Distribution\\OrgaSoft NT\\ListLabel12VS2005.dll

When I look at the Assemblies page in InstallAware these assemblies show the same values as the entries above in the fields "Version" and "Name".

I've got this problem with a couple of third party controls from ComponentOne and Combit (not all of them), but also some Interop-Assemblies built by Visual Studio for COM-Interop. None of my regular assemblies is affected. All of the assemblies in question can be installed in the GAC using gacutil and all of them show correct informations about their version.

I've seen two other posts in the forum from people who had the same problem, but there is no solution in any of them.

What can I do to circumvent this problem? InstallAware is using an external program to get the assembly information. What kind of program is it, can I replace it? Can I test this program with my assemblies on another computer (without installing InstallAware)?

Any suggestions?

Return to “Technical Support”