Failed to compile plug-in action: (Un)Install MSI Setup

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
jhndnn

Failed to compile plug-in action: (Un)Install MSI Setup

Postby jhndnn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:49 am

After purchasing a license for InstallAware, I upgraded to the latest version ( from 9.0(something) to 9.04. Now, when I attempt to build the project I made in the older version, I get the following error

Code: Select all

Error during build: Failed to compile plug-in action: (Un)Install MSI Setup

A brand new installer project works just fine without an error. Removing that line fixes the problem. Recreating that line still has the problem. Here's the code in question

~InstallAware Clipboard Data~
~(Un)Install MSI Setup~
~{49605710-C06F-46E9-B7C7-846E2756B144}~
~REMOVE=ALL,TRUE,$PRODUCTCODE$,FALSE,,,REMOVEOLD,ERROROLD,TRUE~
~mMSI.dll\\mMSIExec.dll~

Any idea what's going on here? I'd rather not have to recreate my entire installer at this point.

EDIT:
It appears to be broken in the Uncompressed build

Building Project: Q-Sys Designer
Output Folder: c:\\code\\software\\installers\\q-sys designer\\Release\\UncompressedDeployment Type: Uncompressed Directory Layout
Code Signing: Disabled
Compression: Best
###
Cleared output folder c:\\code\\software\\installers\\q-sys designer\\Release\\Uncompressed
Error during build: Failed to compile plug-in action: (Un)Install MSI Setup

Building a single.exe works fine

Building Project: Q-Sys Designer
Output Folder: c:\\code\\software\\installers\\q-sys designer\\Release\\SingleDeployment Type: Compressed Single Self Installing EXE
Code Signing: Disabled
Compression: Best
###
Cleared output folder c:\\code\\software\\installers\\q-sys designer\\Release\\SingleBuilt plug-in action (Un)Install MSI Setup

FINAL EDIT:
Manually deleting the Uncompressed folder fixed the problem. Apparently there was something left in there, even after clearing the folder, which was causing problems.

Return to “Technical Support”