\"Install Assembly\" not copying file to data folder[Solved]

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Jeppe Bloch

\"Install Assembly\" not copying file to data folder[Solved]

Postby Jeppe Bloch » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:19 am

I have two problems. There seem to be some differencies between what the designer is showing me and what the MSI code says.
I have 4 components. Which install different files. What is common for em all is they rely on two .NET assemblies that should be installed to the GAC.

Under the designer it keeps putting em under a specific feature/component instead of the "Feature Independent". In the MSI code it is in the "Feature Independent" block, equals last, so it will always get run. Everything looks right in the MSI editor.

When i build the project as uncompressed i can see it copies the assemblies from the scrolling log. The two assemblies get copied to "...\\Release\\Uncompressed\\Data\\<component>\\C_\\<path>". It puts the assemblies under the same component as the designer shows it under in the "Assemblies" tab.
Funny thing is that it only actualy copies one of the assemblies. The other one gets the full path created but the file itself is missing.

All works fine under the "Apply install" command untill it pops up and says the missing assemblies isnt found. This is when i build to a single .exe file.

The project im using is a old one i startet in IA8. Im currently running IA9 trial on my current computer. Not sure if this makes a different.

Thank you for any help.

[Solved]
I had missed some Web media blocks mixed with offline blocks. Everything seem to working fine again.

Return to “Technical Support”