Problems with MS SQL Server Plug-in and Miabuild

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Tiago

Problems with MS SQL Server Plug-in and Miabuild

Postby Tiago » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:27 pm

I have an InstallAware project that depends heavily on MS SQL Server plug-in to run the several SQL scripts required to create my application's databases.

In order to run a reliable test of my application's building and deploying procedure in an external environment, I set up a clean machine. In this machine, I used miabuild.exe to build my project executable, and then I run it. Everything was running fine until we reached the point where the MS-SQL scripts are supposed to be run. I found out that the "Microsoft SQL Server Script" command was returning a blank string, and thus being evaluated as a connection error by my MSIcode. One curious fact is that when I build this project on the machine where I created it, it runs absolutely fine in the destination computer.

The InstallAware's "Runtime Files" help topic says that plug-ins should be sent along with miabuild.exe and its libraries to the build machine, but how can I send the "MS SQL Server" plug-in along with miabuild.exe to my build machine? Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance.
Tiago Rocha
Product Technology
www.ppi-multitask.com.br

Return to “Technical Support”