Large TEMP folder after install

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
MikeOnline

Large TEMP folder after install

Postby MikeOnline » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:13 pm

I am finding installers created with InstallAware Studio Admin 9.06 leave behind a LARGE temp folder when the install is done. The temp folder is a subfolder of the user's TEMP path, and begins with the letters "mia". I believe this is the $SUPPORTDIR$, which holds copies of files extracted from the installer.

Installers created with previous versions of InstallAware seemed to leave behind a similar folder; however, by the time the installation finished, this temp folder was empty (or nearly so).

I have compiler variable CACHESOURCES=TRUE, and my installers are compressed, web-based EXE's.

BTW, the temp mia folder is IN ADDITION TO the cached installer folder, which I have opted to place under the C:\\WINDOWS\\INSTALLER folder. Though these two folders may serve two purposes, they appear to contain mostly similar content.

I am considering having my installer do a RECURSIVE DELETE FILES on the temp mia folder after APPLY INSTALL completes successfully; however, I am concerned about files possibly still being open.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for the reclaiming disk space taken by this temp folder?

Return to “Technical Support”