Destination folder displays incorrectly

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Wimpie

Destination folder displays incorrectly

Postby Wimpie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:42 am

Hi there

I need some urgent help please, I'm not getting any responses on the forum nor on the support website.

My problem (since I upgraded to IA9) is as follows:
On the dialog to change the target directory, when you press the "Change" button and select any installation path with at least one directory name in it from the dialog box the install path becomes unreadable by a windows user. It should display the full path with complete folder names. This is an example of what we are seeing:
\\PROGRA~1\\FOLDER~1\\etc. Selecting or reselecting the default install path like this will also trigger this to happen.

I don't have any "convert to short / long path" in my script. I would assume that a convert path in the script won't change too much, as the problem seems to reside in a part of the installer that does not run through the script (within a dialog). The problem only occurs after using the "Change..." button on the destination folder dialog. And the problem is seen in the text box provided on that same screen. So it is my assumption that the problem is bound into some hidden installer functionality, and isn't a result of anything in the script. Creating a new project yields the same results, so I don't think it's anything project specific either.

My hope is that there is some sort of setting, or variable that can be altered such as to resolve the problem.

Can you please help me or direct me to someone who can help.

Thank you in advance

Return to “Technical Support”