Patches

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
rnh63

Patches

Postby rnh63 » Fri May 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Help. I have been creating patches for the last 2 days and just cannot seem to get them to work. I have created my patch reference. Then modified my app.exe binary (40mb) with a new version. When I built the patch it is 65Mb, even though my single file change is only 40mb.

I proceeded to upload it. Ran my software, which invoked a manual setup update. This works fine, download and install the software. Everything appears to work fine, only it did not update my application. I Rebooted, and again checked the version of my app, it is still the old version.

I created a second patch. I touched (time stamped) all of the files in my app, downloaded the new patch, went through the setup process. And yet again, it did not update the files. I inspected the folders of the application, and the setup program did not modify a single file?, where did the 70mb download disappear to?

My files are grouped into differant features, however I followed the white paper on patching, and have commented all web modules.

Has anyone as suggestions???

Return to “Technical Support”