H-e-l-p-!

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
SteveDude

H-e-l-p-!

Postby SteveDude » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:22 am

Hey Guys, I've been a long time loyal user and have been trying to get a hold of someone for literally a month to renew my subscription. I kept using your form and never got a reply. Was able to call today and leave a begging message. I work nights and normal business hours for you is when I normally sleep.

Has the the surf been that good out there in California? 8) If so I can understand, but I really need the latest update and cannot be without your stuff. I lived in San Diego for several years and can hook you up with some private sand and all the waves you want :).

SteveDude

CandiceJones

Re: H-e-l-p-!

Postby CandiceJones » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:05 am

Hi Steve!

Surf is great here, thanks :)

I also sent the following reply to you over email, but posting here again too, in case something is wrong with our emails getting to you:

Thanks for your voicemail! You are actually current with your product purchase. 9 R2 is a free upgrade for all v9 users, which you are!

If you'd still like to add more licenses, or purchase maintenance upfront:

www.installaware.com/buydirect.asp

An upgrade purchase: 1 year total maintenance
An upgrade purchase with 1 year maintenance: 2 years total maintenance
An upgrade purchase with 2 years maintenance: 3 years total maintenance

Since you are already current, a purchase of an upgrade will automatically count towards one year maintenance at this time!
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

SteveDude

Postby SteveDude » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:58 am

Candice,

I'm not getting your emails for some reason. Looked everywhere to verify they weren't getting dumped. I get them from forum fine. Using Outlook 2010 so who knows.

I did download an older version of the update, but couldn't generate a new license because it told me my account had expired. I am so dependent on your software that I didn't want to chance having mine get shut off. If the one for my other build will work I have it.

What I do need to be able to do is install the program in Vista 7 Ultimate native and also in XP Mode on the same box. I do want to extend my subscription, but the prices I keep getting from the online store are more than what I saw for an upgrade from one of your distributors. Could be doing something wrong, not the sharpest tack there is, but you guys help me look good.

Thanks - Was freaking out there :)

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:19 pm

With spam filters getting overly aggressive by the hour, a lot of our emails seem to be failing to reach their audience. Please ensure you have whitelisted our domain in your email client software, your ISP, and everywhere else applicable :)

Is there anything else I can help you with at this time? If your account has expired, you may renew at your convenience through the URL above - or have your reseller do it for you.
Candice Jones

InstallAware

SteveDude

Postby SteveDude » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Candice,

I went ahead and just did it through guys. I know you make more money that way.

Times are changing and have had to compensate in my stuff as well, but the need for developers to support old and new code bases is a reality and the best way (and really the only way that works all the time) I found is to handle 64 bit code bases in a native 64 bit environment and 32 bit in a virtualized 32 Bit OS. Some of my .Net based Namespaces, I have to be targeted for all OS's, but the 32 bit version still has to be built and registered in a 32 Bit OS. I can avoid that in C++, but don't know a away in .NET.

So can we do that with installAware? Personally I think it is the fair way to do it and technically your license agreement says per machine not OS, but I want to be sure.

Thanks

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Many thanks for the direct order, Steve! We appreciate it :D

You've asked an excellent question. Your answer is also correct :) There should be no issues with what you're trying to do.
Candice Jones

InstallAware

SteveDude

Postby SteveDude » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Thank You!

I'm up and running and all is well, never want to go back to you know who.

Return to “Technical Support”