Ability to override space

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.

Ability to override space

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:08 am

I've got an app that has two sets of binaries; either set can be installed by selecting it from a customised wizard page. (Not a component).

Common elements between the two binaries are split into an offline files section so that they can be installed with either binary set.

However, can I influence the required disk space indication on the directory selection screen depending on the options set in the script? Also, it appears the space indication is including both sets of binaries - I suppose as they are really both offline files, but one set is not installed etc via script...

Does that make any sense?? :)

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:13 pm

Hi Andy,

I'm a little confused :D

InstallAWARE calculates available space automatically based on the currently selected features for installation. Are you using features at all in your script? If not, I recommend you use features - even if they are hidden ones.

Sinan

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:22 pm

Hi Sinan :)

I've got about 30 or so features already defined - I originally did define the two application sets as seperate features, however, they appeared on the Customised Setup page - is there any way that I can hide a feature or two, so that I have to explicitly set / unset the feature in script?

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:33 pm

Ah, I see. I'm afraid the proper way to do this is to declare them as features, but they cannot be hidden. :oops: You can always override the user selection in script after the dialog has been shown though 8)

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:53 pm

:) Not a big problem - can you add it to the todo list ? (Hidden Features) :wink:

Return to “Technical Support”