IA-2012 Command-Line ERROR Running IA-9 Project?

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
pointeman

IA-2012 Command-Line ERROR Running IA-9 Project?

Postby pointeman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:00 am

I have successfully run IA-9 projects using it's command line feature. However, now I recieve the following error trying to run the same project using IA-2012:

ERROR: Include File: "C:\Project Files (x86)\InstallAware 9\runtimes\setup20.mia" does not exist.

Note: We use this command-line code:

CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallAware\InstallAware 2012\"
miabuild.exe "E:\My Documents\InstallAware\2012\ProjectXray1.mpr"

1. I successfully compiled the IA-9 project using IA-2012 GUI hoping it would correct any issues.
2. I successfully run 'Web Deploy' build using IA-2012 GUI for same reasons above.

Q. Why does the IA-2012 GUI compile and build successfully, yet the command-line feature does not?
Q. Why does the command-line feature look for runtimes in the old (missing) InstallAware 9 program directory?

Note: The new IA program directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallAware\InstallAware 2012
The previous IA-9 program directory is gone.

pointeman

Re: IA-2012 Command-Line ERROR Running IA-9 Project?

Postby pointeman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Okay, for now I found our old IA-9 folder and temporarily copied it to our Development PC and the error is gone. I still have a legitimate complaint though. I still have an unanswered question:

Q. Why does the IA-2012 GUI compile and build successfully, yet the command-line feature does not?

ulrichard

Postby ulrichard » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:33 am

Just guessing.
Can you open your mpr file in a text editor and see if it contain any absolute directories? ... probably not
Nex, disable all runtimes in the InstallAware GUI. then delete the corresponding checkXXX.* and setupXXX.* files from your project directory, and also make sure they are no longer referenced in the include section of your project.
Then save and close, and load the project again.
Now enable the runtimes that you need again.
Hopefully the corresponding files are now copied from the new location and added to your project again.

If it doesn't help, maybe the build log has some more clues as to when it happens?
http://www.pointline.com
http://www.paraeasy.ch
http://ulrichard.ch

pointeman

Postby pointeman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:03 am

I'm trying to get our project deployment people back to work quickly so I simply found our old IA-9 folder and temporarily copied it to our Development PC and the error is gone. I think most people upgrade to the latest IA and the prior IA directory is still intact, so they don't experience any errors like we have. We have a newly hard drive and reinstalled OS. So the prior IA directory is missing on the new installed OS, thus the new IA-2012 experiences error trying to open a prior IA project file.

The ultimate solution is remove all the prior runtimes in each project then enable them again in IA-2012. This way IA is not looking anywhere else for the runtime, that is until the next time I upgrade. I will probably just always make sure I keep the prior IA directroies exactly where they are.

Return to “Technical Support”