Setup Source Dialog box on Uninstall

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
blandry

Setup Source Dialog box on Uninstall

Postby blandry » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:11 am

I have used IA for many installs, but I have (for the first time) run across a real pain-in-the-neck problem....

I am running InstallAware 2012 and I built an install very similar to another one I have. The install (as usual) works great. But when users go to uninstall, the process seems to run almost all the way to the end and then a dialog box comes up and prompts "Please locate your originial setup sources..." giving the user a folder pick dialog. Whats really odd is that when the user selects "Cancel", everything seems to uninstall just fine, but when he selects the actual folder where the install was run from, things do not uninstall correctly.

I researched this topic on the IA site, and through Google. The only answers I could find were (#1) remove all Web Media blocks. I did that and still have the problem. Then it was suggested (#2) that older versions of InstallAware had this problem and new ones dont. That cant be absolutely correct because I am running the latest InstallAware (as far as I know).

Then there is the suggestion (#3) to run a Web setup instead of the normal always-used (in our case) Single file setup. I would REALLY not like to do the Web setup if I can avoid it.

Can you tell me, why after some 20 installs I have built and run successfully with IA, suddenly I see this in an install that is very similar to most others. Can you tell me how to get rid of this dialog as it is clearly messing up my end-users.

Thanks for the help.

giaviv

Re: Setup Source Dialog box on Uninstall

Postby giaviv » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi,

Please try setting the cache setup sources checkbox in the project settings section. Read about this feature in our F1 help files.
Aviv Giladi
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Product Guides - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... guides.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

Return to “Technical Support”