Build freezing in v2.31

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Dana Epp

Build freezing in v2.31

Postby Dana Epp » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:56 pm

Hey Sinan,

I know I sent you an email about this in the morning, but I thought I would repost here in case you were not dealing with email.

After downloading v2.31 and applying the patches you sent in email for my license, I cannot seem to build my installer anymore. I have emailed you the screen shot of the dialog, but basically after installAware copies over the files and begins by with the set up of runtime.7zip, it hangs sitting at "Injecting Setup Language".

I got this both when building with nant (the automated build system I use) by calling miabuild and through your IDE.

Please help. I need to get this thing building, and its frustrating as hell to sit at a dialog that won't cancel, nor continue on.

Thanks.
---
Regards,
Dana Epp

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:12 am

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. :(

A build freeze like this one has never been reported before - neither for 2.x or the new 3.x. I'd ask you to try the following to help narrow down the issue:

:idea: Generate a blank project and try to build that
:idea: Generate a project with the project wizard and try to build that
:idea: Change your project language and try again

You can email me back or post your reply here.

Dana Epp

Postby Dana Epp » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:31 pm

Hey Sinan,

I have tried the following scenarios:

1) Build a blank project. - Same failure

2) Build a project by the wizard - Same failure

3) Changed the lanugage in both projects as above from English to German - Same failure

After the runtime.7zip dialog pops up, it still hangs at "Injected setup language".

I have uninstalled and REINSTALLED the product 3 times now in an effort to fix this. No luck.

What next???
---

Regards,

Dana Epp

Dana Epp

Postby Dana Epp » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:35 pm

Hey Sinan,

As a follow up to before, when I closed InstallAware down I noticed that there was mCodexDLLStub still in memory.

I then noticed that in the background, there is a dialog box that has the title of:

test2 - InstallAWARE

and the body of the error dialog saying:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any idea what is going on? BTW, there is this error box for EACH time I ran a build. (So there are 4 sitting on my desktop right now)
---

Regards,

Dana Epp

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:01 pm

Oh, I think your problem is in the Codex layer. Just install CompreXX from www.comprexx.com, that should help.

Dana Epp

Postby Dana Epp » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:11 pm

Will I have to buyg it? It says its only a trial. Why wouldn't it be included in the v2.31 installer?
---

Regards,

Dana Epp

Dana Epp

Postby Dana Epp » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:15 pm

BTW Sinan,

I tried installing InstallAWARE as a normal user. A suggestion for future versions would be to install your keys in HKCU instead of HKLM so that it can be run in a least privilege environment. I do not do development as Administrator, nor should I have to have my tools installed as such.

Just a thought.
---

Regards,

Dana Epp

Dana Epp

Postby Dana Epp » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:31 pm

Sinan,

I installed Comprexx as suggested. It made no difference. I am still hung at "Injected setup language"
---

Regards,

Dana Epp

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:07 pm

You've lost me :o

The build I sent you works just fine on my VMware clean machines. Why don't you try to send me a movie of your build process (GUI) and I'll see if that reveals any additional information. You can create a movie using BB FlashBack (www.bbflashback.com), a very nifty movie creation tool.

I'd also encourage you to install the 3.0 evaluation (it can be installed side-by-side with 2.x) and see if that helps your build process. I suspect it wont - it seems to me something else is going wrong on your system.

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:20 am

Per your request, 2.04 is available at http://www.installaware.com/legacy/204/ ... se_sfx.exe :roll:

Return to “Technical Support”