New Application Runtime: VC++ 8 Service Pack 1

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
CandiceJones

New Application Runtime: VC++ 8 Service Pack 1

Postby CandiceJones » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:14 pm

A new application runtime is available for installing the Visual C++ 8 Service Pack 1 runtime.

This runtime is required with Visual C++ applications created with Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1.

Download here:
www.installaware.com/clients/vc81bin.zip

To install, extract the contents of the archive, preseving its subfolders, into your InstallAware\\runtimes folder. Re-start the IDE and you should see the new runtime in the Application Runtimes view.

This update is free for all users (trial and licensed).
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

nic2006

Problem with runtime, urgent attention please

Postby nic2006 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:00 am

I seem to be having an issue with the new vc++ runtime.

Ok so i extracted the runtimes to the correct folder then restarted the IDE and i check the box (in Application Runtimes) MS Visual C++ Runtime 8.0 (includes ATL and MFC) Service Pack 1.
When i build the current project a message pops up (please see attachment). So i removed the pipe symbol from the end, then it seemed to build.

BUT when i run the installer package it seems to be the same as before and the application doesnt run because it couldnt find the vc++ libraries?
please help

File Attached:

warning.JPG

MichaelNesmith

Postby MichaelNesmith » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:42 pm

I think the problem here is, you need to run the latest InstallAware setup to obtain the latest File Bag command. File Bag was updated to include support for exclusion masks and the pipe you are seeing is part of that, which the older File Bag does not understand.
Michael Nesmith
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Plug-In Development”