If you need to install SQL Server 2005 Express with your application but you also want the SQL Server Management Studio UI to allow users to administer databases then follow the steps below.
1. Download SQL Server 2005 Express with Advanced Services from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5B5528B9-13E1-4DB9-A3FC-82116D598C3D&displaylang=en
2. Download 7-Zip from http://www.7-zip.org/download.html and install
3. Exract the contents of SQLEXPR_ADV.exe downloaded in step 1 using 7-Zip
4. Use 7-Zip to add the extracted files to a new archive named express.7zip
5. Replace the express.7zip in the Plug-Ins\\MS SQL Express folder of the InstallAware program files folder
6. Use the Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005 application runtime as normal but add ",SQL_SSMSEE" to the "ADDLOCAL=" list in the setup command line.
That's it. You can also add items to the ADDLOCAL list to install reporting services and full text searching (See the SQLEXPR_ADV.exe documentation)
Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests