Dotnet plugin: AboutPlugIn method.

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
bokkie

Dotnet plugin: AboutPlugIn method.

Postby bokkie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:31 am

In the current CompileTimeTest code there's a method called AboutPlugIn which does nothing more than display a message box. What's the purpose of it? I mean, is there anything in IA that would actually call that method using the bridge?

I've never seen it used anywhere and I've tried selecting the plugin in the MSIcode window but there's no right-click available and neither is there anything hooked to F1. To all intentions, it doesn't look like IA calls it and once I'm inside CompileTimeBuild I could display a form and do my own or call AboutPlugIn myself in which case, it might as well be a private method and not public which sort of suggests that IA could call it via the bridge?

Anyone got any ideas that if IA can call it then how?
Peter. Smartly dressed, he still resembles an unmade bed.
InstallAware MVP

christ23

Re: Dotnet plugin: AboutPlugIn method.

Postby christ23 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:51 am

Hi bokkie,

IA DOES call the AboutPlugIn method! :)

In IA, go to the "Plugins" icon (i think it is in the Design-view), where you can see all plugins recognized by IA. There, select your plugin, and click the "About plugin"-button. THEN your method will be called :).

The function is designed for showing infos about the plugin - version, developer, ... Whatever you write in yiu messagebox.

Allright?

bokkie

Re: Dotnet plugin: AboutPlugIn method.

Postby bokkie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:14 am

Yes! It does indeed work. It really never occurred to me to click the Plug-Ins menu button which is in the MSIcode tab by the way. :)

I can see the text display in the code. It was right under my nose all the time and I never smelt it. :D

I can tick that off my Q&A list. Thanks.
Peter. Smartly dressed, he still resembles an unmade bed.
InstallAware MVP

Return to “Plug-In Development”