SQL Express Error after IA6 upgrade

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
rdeberry

SQL Express Error after IA6 upgrade

Postby rdeberry » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:04 pm

I bought the upgrade and have been rebuilding my installs. I ran into a problem with the SQL Express plug-in. The install fails with the message that I need to run the setup from Windows update. That message comes from the setupsql2005 script after If Variable SQL2005 Not Equals 0.

I found the log file with the error. The error is

Error writing to file: Microsoft.NetEnterpriseServers.ExceptionMessageBox.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory.
Error Number 1304

I searched the drive and that file does not exist, probably because the install rolled back.

1) My Installaware 5.1 scripts worked flawlessly. Have installed on over 100 different systems with SQL Express engine, my instance, attaching my databases etc. Perfect everytime.
2) I got the 6.0 upgrade and the SQL Express Service Pack 1 plugin at the same time.
3) My scripts were not changed by me but when I looked at the sql2005setup, it had the default settings and not my password/instance. Understand that because I install IA 6. I put those back to what I originally had
SECURITYMODE=SQL DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 SAPWD="dhs$e700" INSTANCENAME="ECLIPSE" ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine.

Also tried ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine. Error is persisting.

Has anyone else seen this?

MichaelNesmith

Postby MichaelNesmith » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:15 pm

It sounds to me like your setup parameters changed - just restore the old parameters, and all should be smooth sailing.
Michael Nesmith
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Raj

Postby Raj » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:10 am

Hi, I ran into a problem with the SQL Express plug-in. The install fails with the message that I need to run the setup from Windows update. That message comes from the setupsql2005 script after If Variable SQL2005 Not Equals 0.

I think I may changed some parameter.
Also can u tell me about how to restore the old parameter back?

MichaelNesmith

Postby MichaelNesmith » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:10 am

Click Options in the Application Runtimes view for the SQL 2005 runtime.
Michael Nesmith

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Plug-In Development”