R&D have worked very hard on incorporating the latest user suggestions and feature requests into this script.
* Update checks may now be run directly without prior update configuration. In this case, a "notify me before downloading" option is assumed.
* Once an update has been scheduled, installing a new version of the product will continue the same update on the same schedule, without needing to re-schedule the update.
* Dual configuration dialogs were occasionally shown while running updates under Windows 9X. Fixed.
* If updates were available but all were disqualified by the internal logic of the update script, this caused problems. Fixed.
* Updates were not scheduled under the domain when a user logged on under a domain. Fixed.
* Define a compiler variable called #TITLE# in your setup project, matching the value of $TITLE$. Note: The upcoming release of InstallAware will do this automatically for you.
* When upgrading older update clients, use this code in your setup script:
Code: Select all
Set Variable NEEDSUPGRADEBACKUP to $NEEDSUPGRADE$
Set Variable NEEDSUPGRADE to FALSE
Include Script: updates
Set Variable NEEDSUPGRADE to $NEEDSUPGRADEBACKUP$
in place of the old code. This lets the new update mechanism (2.0) correctly take ownership of the older (1.0) update mechanism.
Please let us have your feedback so we can refine the update script further, in time for the InstallAware update due very soon.