Pre-Sales Questions

Post complete new themes or wizard dialogs here.
Ishana

Pre-Sales Questions

Postby Ishana » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:30 pm

Hello Sinan
There should be a Pre-Sales Forum on the Top-Level.
I know I have a bunch of them so let's get the forum created!!!
IshanA

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:56 am

I agree. For starters, I want a PDF version of the help so I can learn about the product offline. I also want to know if the bitmaps in the demo download are deliberately blurred or if that is what we would get in the real thing.

Matthew

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:37 pm

Good point people. I am creating the new forum now.

Matt, would a .CHM help file work for you or do you need PDF?

Also I'm not sure what you mean by the bitmaps in the demo download...can you be more specific?

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:27 pm

There is now some product literature available in the Pre-Sales forum, including the requested help file.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:47 pm

sinan wrote:Good point people. I am creating the new forum now.

My next questions will be there - though I see you answered my cross-grade question already. Email on the way.

Matt, would a .CHM help file work for you or do you need PDF?

PDF is far better as I can print it to small paper easily. I actually printed some of the CHM to pdfFactory in A4 and then printed that in A5 to shrink it, but I much prefer a fully formed manual to read.

Also I'm not sure what you mean by the bitmaps in the demo download...can you be more specific?

I wanted to use the Windows installer theme, but obviously wanted to change the text on the bitmaps. I opened the bitmaps, but they are not the originals - they are all pixelated and not usable. There was no information on re-use or that the demo is deliberately mangled to stop use without payment (which would be quite fair). But I can't see anyone being other than disappointed if the bitmaps are always going to have InstallAware on them instead of our product names. It would be nice to have the underlying bitmap available for re-use.

I really like it all so far though.

Matthew

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:50 pm

Hi Matt,

A PDF version of the online help is now available at http://www.installaware.com/InstallAWARE_Help.pdf. I hope this is helpful to you. It is in native printed documentation form so you should be able to print it without difficulty.

I see what you mean about the bitmaps. The bitmaps are in reduced color and this really was a necessary step to reduce the additional overhead they add to the installer! We minimized the pixelization as far as allowed by the reduced resolution. You would find the same bitmaps in the final product. As a courtesy to you however, we'd be happy to provide the raw Adobe Photoshop files from which the bitmaps were generated. You could then edit the raw graphics and redo the branding/color depth :D

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Sinan

Return to “New Themes, Dialogs”