New Dialog

Post complete new themes or wizard dialogs here.
mreith

New Dialog

Postby mreith » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:01 pm

I would like to create a new dialog (not just a rehash/theme of an existing dialog). Is this possible to do as a plug-in? If so, is there an example of doing this?

Thanks

Mike

MichaelNesmith

Postby MichaelNesmith » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:25 pm

Hi,

There is no need to use plug-ins to create custom dialogs. You can just start with an empty dialog in the dialog editor and insert the controls you need. Then, you can double-click the buttons, text fields, and so on, to configure the actions they perform (such as going to the next dialog, capturing entered text into MSIcode script variables).

You can also of course show a custom dialog from a plug-in, but this will be an unnecessarily difficult approach for the simple task at hand. The dialog editor puts you in full control of your setup user interface with absolutely no manual coding effort.
Michael Nesmith
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

mreith

Postby mreith » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:18 pm

So for a Memo or a RichEdit, how do I fill in the text or lines property at runtime? I would like to accomplish this from outside of the dialog.

Thanks,

Mike

Gizm0

Postby Gizm0 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:39 pm

mreith wrote:So for a Memo or a RichEdit, how do I fill in the text or lines property at runtime? I would like to accomplish this from outside of the dialog.

Thanks,

Mike

Using the powerfull InstallAWARE scripting engine..Please look at the sample project to get an idea how it works..
Panagiotis Kefalidis
Software Design Team Lead
\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"
InstallAware Software Corporation

mreith

Postby mreith » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:25 pm

Thanks, it is now working.

Return to “New Themes, Dialogs”