License question: Redistributing the IaAutomationNet4.dll

For all your non-technical questions.
Weatherlights

License question: Redistributing the IaAutomationNet4.dll

Postby Weatherlights » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:22 am

Hi

I am having a setup project that I want to automate on the customer machine. So I have my own .net tool that uses the IaAutomationNet4.dll. As far as I understand it the IaAutomationNet4.dll can be redistributed when I have an InstallAware Studio Admin license. But now I read that this dll requires the miabuild.exe file as a dependency which is not allowed to be redistributed. So here is my question now:

Can I redistribute the dll along with miabuild.exe as part of my application or not? The miabuild.exe is not called directly and wrapped in my application or do I need to use the Win32 dll file?

Hope you can clearify this to me.

Best regards

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: License question: Redistributing the IaAutomationNet4.dll

Postby FrancescoT » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Dear Weatherlights,

as described in the "Runtime Files" section of the IA Automation documentation:

"Please note that none of these runtime files are redistributable within your organization or outside of your organization; their usage is permitted only together with an InstallAware Studio Admin license, and only on the machine that the license has been activated on."

Hope this helps you.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

Weatherlights

Re: License question: Redistributing the IaAutomationNet4.dll

Postby Weatherlights » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Hey

does that mean as a stand alone dll? I am getting a little confused... I read that InstallAware studio admin allows me to create applications that can emit and build InstallAware Setups on the end user system. But what DLL do I have to use for that and in which manner?

I surely want to respect your license but there are so many confusing statements regarding the use.

Best regards

Return to “Non-Technical”