VS2005 Merge Module creating 'Module Retargetable Folder'

For all your non-technical questions.
michael_e_obrien

VS2005 Merge Module creating 'Module Retargetable Folder'

Postby michael_e_obrien » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:26 pm

Note: Okay - I posted this in the Technical Support forum, with so far no response. I'm posting it here, as my purchase is dependent on whether this is an issue/bug.

An issue that I thought was resolved has come back.

I'm trying to include a VS2005 merge module into an installer (currently an uncompressed exe project). When I run the installer, I get the merge module retargetable directory created explicitly:
c:\\Program Files\\New Project\\Module Retargetable Folderand the assemblies installed into this sub-directory - this is not what I want.

With Installshield, I can set the merge module property to eliminate this issue (yes, I saw it there as well). Is there a work around for this?

Also oddly, the install appeared to be working correctly until this morning - I changed nothing in the merge module (just rebuilt it). Currently, it's the default project with a few project settings and the merge module. I've also tried recreating the entire install with a default InstallAware .Net project with a recreated merge module - with the same results.

I have tried just about everything I can think of, and nothing is working. Please help!

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:20 pm

What do you mean by nothing is working? For us to help you, you need to tell us what is going wrong.

For the merge module issue, a user has kindly posted the solution here:
http://forums.installaware.com/viewtopic.php?t=1485

Note: Please do not cross post in forums.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”