First Package Assistance

For all your non-technical questions.
AGTCooke

First Package Assistance

Postby AGTCooke » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:43 pm

Hi all -

I'm working with a demo of InstallAware and was wondering if someone could help me with my first package. I'd like to customize SAV CE 10.1.5 so that LiveUpdate checks for AV definitions daily instead of the default of weekly. Where/how do I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Tony

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:21 pm

Hi Tony,

An InstallAware consultant can research this for you if you wish. Please email us at sales for our rate information.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

AGTCooke

Postby AGTCooke » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:09 am

Candice,

While it's good to know that you're willing to bill me for help, really I'm testing the waters of community support for your product. Maybe I'll have to check out Macrovision, Wise, et. al. to experience their community support.

Thanks,

Tony

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:18 am

Dear Tony,

What you asked for is very specialized and is not even an InstallAware related question. You are looking for knowledge on how to detect and update a third party product - clearly nothing to do with using InstallAware or learning InstallAware.

Good luck checking other sites - although I think you're looking in the wrong places for help :lol: Maybe you should try your post on the SAV site :wink:
Candice Jones

InstallAware

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:23 am

Were you testing the waters for product support, or testing the waters for free services :D Nice try, Tony. Once you find out what you need to know from the SAV side, you can ask us again and we'll be more than happy to show you how to get the job done in InstallAware.

AGTCooke

Postby AGTCooke » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:43 am

Well I'm not looking to be handed a complete package... How about some pointers or "hey - I'd start looking here, blah blah blah". Or better yet - "I tried the same thing and this is what happened."

So far I feel like I came looking for help and then the police got called. Very cool.

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:01 am

The police? 8)

We're just trying to tell you that there is no way we can know how to re-configure a third party product which is completely unaffiliated with InstallAware, and moreover, has nothing to do with common application runtimes that InstallAware can be reasonably expected to know about.

If you want us to research this for you, sure - our consulting services are here to help. If you think you are entitled to this research for free of charge, we truly hope you have better luck with other vendors!
Candice Jones

InstallAware

Return to “Non-Technical”