First Setup Package Help - .NET Prerequisite

For all your non-technical questions.
Greyeye

First Setup Package Help - .NET Prerequisite

Postby Greyeye » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:04 pm

Thanks for a really cool product. I am really excited about using a much more professional setup than the native VS Installer Projects. Anyway, I want to test for the existence of the .NET Framework 1.1 on a computer prior to installing on it. If the framework is not detected, I would like to inform the user that it is not available and offer them a chance to download it. I figured out how to include .NET with the installer and test for this condition but I want to keep my install package as small as possibe. Thanks for the help...

Greyeye

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:07 am

Just add the .NET prereq to your setup and do a web build! This will get you exactly what you want.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Greyeye

Postby Greyeye » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:30 am

Thanks for the help...I will try it out.

I have one more question. Without getting to deep into it, I am not putting one of the dll files in my install package (same .NET project) that the exe requires. I am including another version of that file that is not a dll. This is causing the build to have an error because it cannot find that dll that it expects the exe to need. Is there a way to work around this? Thanks.

Greyeye

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:40 am

I'm not sure I exactly understand your question - could you describe in a little more detail, please?
Candice Jones

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Greyeye

Postby Greyeye » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:25 am

Sorry, when I went back and looked at my assemblies included, I had accidentally left in the one I did not want to include....Thanks for an awesome product....

Greyeye

Return to “Non-Technical”