Licensing

For all your non-technical questions.
juergen.haigis

Licensing

Postby juergen.haigis » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:37 am

Hi,

I have some questions about your licensing system. First I will describe our way we want to build our setup.
Our software we deliver is used in a regulated environment. That means we have to ensure that we can reproduce the whole build process of our current software in the next 5 to 10 years. That also means that the product has to be build on a dedicated build system and our products has to be supportet for 5 to 10 years.
For this we decided to use a VMWare Workstation Virtual Machine for each product we develop. In this Virtual Machine the whole development environment including the setup authoring tool is set-up. The development is done on a development PC and the build is invoked on the build system with the running virtual machine.
Summarisation: One PC for development purposes, one PC with running virtual machines for build purposes. In each virtual machine the setup authoring tool is installed (or may be a command line build utility). The whole setup work îs done by one person (me) and I will never work on two PC's at the same time.
What is your licensing solution for this setup ?

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:44 am

Hello,

Separate licenses are required for each build machine, as well as for each developer using the software, irrespective of device (virtual or otherwise).
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”