Question/Feature request

For all your non-technical questions.
mbuckaway

Question/Feature request

Postby mbuckaway » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:44 am

I'm working with and evaluating InstallAware as a replacement for InstallShield. We were looking for a installer that does Flash banners and configurable bitmap buttons. InstallAware seems to be the only one that supports these features.

Question: With all this configurability, can I create a text label that recognizes some kind of markup to set the font color/style/etc.? The HTML widget is overkill and requires too much work to make one word on a single label bold. When I use two labels to create the desired affect (one normal text and a second bold text), localization creates havoc on the sizes of the labels. I would like a simple way to create a text label and, for example, assign one word in the text as bold.

Feature request: Ability to set the filename for the HTML and Flash widgets. Writing code to change filenames at install time seems a bit extreme for a tool that is very easy to use otherwise.

We hope to be licensing InstallAware shortly.

Thanks,
Mark Buckaway

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:28 am

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your suggestions - especially the file name configurability rings true.

As for the bold issue, I am sorry but there is no way to do this at the moment. Perhaps a slight extension to the HTML control so it accepts direct text input (as opposed to loading from files) might provide an easy way to accomodate marked-up text.

I will be sure to create database entries for these features in our product management interface, so they are implemented in future versions. Many thanks for the valuable suggestions.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”