Question about Language

For all your non-technical questions.
Häfele

Question about Language

Postby Häfele » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:30 am

Hi @ll,

I tried the 30 days evaluation of InstallAware. But there is one question for me, where I'm not able to find a solution.

I want to make a setup for several languages. I get the language from an ini-file. Is it possible to set the installation language to the value of the ini-file?

E.g. in the ini-file is a language value like ENU for english or DEU for german. Now I want to read this value and if it is english, I want the installer to run the installation complete in english. The installation should not depend on the operating system. E.g. the OS is german. when I select english, I want the installation to show all boxes and dialogs in english. The Yes/No box should then displayed in english and not in german. The installation should not depend on the OS.

Is it possible to make the installation language free?

Regards

karel

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:40 pm

Hi Karel,

Yes you can do this:

1) Use the Get INI Settings command to read the INI file,
2) Use the Set Variable command to set the LANGUAGE variable and force the current setup language into the desired language.

This will NOT have any effect on operating system dialogs, which are shown by the MessageBox commands in your script. To work around that, you can make your own dialog that looks like MessageBox, and then display that using Display Dialog.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”